8.29.2016

5 Movies Set In The Workplace #DirectedByWomen



I started doing this categorized List of 5 movies thing where I showcase movies that were directed by women and that I have actually seen. It all started during the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party in September, and it was pretty fun, so I've continued doing it from time to time.

It's a bit off-topic from my normal fare, ya know, being that it's not specifically about lady-gasms or anything like that, but I think it fits the blog because
1. this blog is also about indie movie-making, and
2. this blog is partially about getting the female perspective of sexuality into our media. So, to me, supporting female voices in our media  means we're creating more room for female voices to speak on all types of things, which sometimes will be sex, orgasms, and sexuality. You can find all my 5-movie lists HERE.

So, this is my LIST OF 5 MOVIES THAT INVOLVE PEOPLE AT WORK! That's right, in these movies you can see people at work ! Hotel housekeeping? We got it! Running a start up? Sure! Voice Over work? You bet! How about a beach snack stand or a food blogger? Absolutely! So get a snack, a beverage, and get ready for watching people at work while you are not at work!

1 The Intern - This movie was directed by Nancy Meyers. These characters are working at a an online clothing store start-up. I saw this in the movies when it came out, and I enjoyed it. I definitely recommend as a good Saturday night Netflix choice.





2 Addicted to Fresno - This was directed by Jamie Babbit. These character work at a hotel doing hte housekeeping. I happened upon this through Hulu (which I have to say is getting some really good movies recently) when I was looking for something to watch while I was doing some other stuff. It looked indie and kinda fun, and it had one of my favoritest actresses in it. Guess what? It turned out to be an excellent choice...and random indie movies do not always turn out that way. Check this one.





3 Julie and Julia - This was directed by Nora Ephron. These characters are in the recipe business. One is a food blogger and the other is Julia Childs. I think I rented this about the time it came out and I hadn't before realized what a badass Julia Childs was. You should learn this too if you have not yet.





4 16 and Life - This was directed by Becky Smith. I actually watched this the same day I watched Addicted to Fresno. I was doin' the damn thing and checking out random indie movies. This one was also a nice surprise. It's a fun summer teen movie. I mean, you can't beat the shenanigans of a bunch of kids stuck in little snack shack on a beach, AmIright?




5 In A World... - This was directed by Lake Bell. She also stars in it, and she and her cast mates work in the high stakes world of trailer voice overs. I rented this a few years ago, and I thought it was really well done. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and i'm a little jealous of Lake's sweet, sweet voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment