3.23.2016

5 Little Kid Movies #DirectedByWomen



I started doing this categorized List of 5 movies thing where I showcase movies that were directed by women and that I have actually seen. It all started during the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party in September, and it was pretty fun, so I've continued doing it from time to time.

It's a bit off-topic from my normal fare, ya know, not usually about lady-gasms or anything like that, but I think it fits the blog because
1. this blog is also about indie movie-making, and
2. this blog is partially about getting the female perspective of sexuality into our media. So, to me, supporting female voices in our media - means we're creating more room for female voices to speak on all types of things, which sometimes will be sex, orgasms and sexuality. You can find all my 5-movie lists HERE.

So, this is my Movies For Little Kids List - for if you have a really little kid -that wants to watch movies.

1 Shrek - This was directed by Andrew Adamson and Vicky Jenson.  I very much enjoyed this movie, which isn't a surprise. It was widely loved when it came out. We took some group of nieces and nephews to see it at the theater back in the day, and I can recall that we all had ourselves some good laughs and the message ain't so bad neither.





2 Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel - This was directed by Betty Thomas, who I now realize has directed quite a bit of movies that I like and that you will now see on future lists. I saw this with 2 of my sister's kids, and I don't remember it specifically. I may have made dinner during part of it, I'm not sure, but I don't remember hating it, and that's pretty good for a young kid's movie.






3 Dr. Dolittle  - This was again directed by Betty Thomas. First off, I really thought that would have been spelled with two O's not one, but whatever. I can't remember a lot from this. Again, I saw it on TV with some nieces and nephews, and I may have been doing other things. I just don't know. But it's got talking animals, I believe, and that's always fun.





4 Brave - This was directed by Mark Andrews, Brenda Chapman, and Steve Purcell. I took 4 nieces and nephews to see this in the theater (the dollar theater, actually, that has since closed down and I'm devastatingly sad about it), and we all enjoyed it. It's a solid pick for the family.





5 Parent Trap - This is directed by Nancy Meyers. It's, of course, a remake of an old Disney movie, just like Dr. Dolittle is, but I like this version. It's definitely a formulaic kids movie, but it's the kind of movie I might watch if it's on while I'm doing other things on a Saturday...in fact, I think that's how I saw it originally.


No comments:

Post a Comment