9.09.2015

5 Crime Related #DirectedByWomen Movies For Your Wednesday



This is my 5th 5-movie-list for the daily blogging thing I'm doing for the Directed By Women Worldwide Viewing Party. This time it's crime or bad stuff related. I felt like the Wednesday after Labor Day is kind of a dark day. You hate being at work after the long weekend, and the next weekend still seems so far away, so it seemed appropriate. It you aren't feeling so dark, check out the Family Movies List, the Friday Fun Movie List or the Saturday Serious/Dark Comedy/Indie List or the DRAMA! List depending on your watching mood. These are all #DirectedByWomen and movies I have actually seen of course.  So, here they are. Enjoy.



1 Winter's Bones  - This was directed by Debra Granik. It's a beautifully bleak thriller that deserves all the acclaim it got when it came out. I think this might have been Jennifer Lawrence' breakthrough movie too.




2 The Babadook - The director is Jennifer Kent. This is a fabulous movie, and I'm not saying that because I'm some horror movie fangirl that's always telling people about some horror movie that is AMAZING when it clearly is just another bullshit horror movie. I rarely watch a horror movie by choice, actually. I'm glad some friends told me to watch this, though. It's just a top-notch piece of movie making. I'm looking forward to what she does next. Oh- and I was able to give this movie got a top-notch SSL Review.




3 The Last Supper - Stacy Title directed this one. I saw this in a wierd college class I took called "Food." I'll be honest. We didn't do much in there but talk about food, eat food, and watch movies that involved food. It was pretty much awesome. Anyway, it's a dark comedy from 1995 that's worth a watch for sure.




4 Zero Dark Thirty - This is a Kathryn Bigelow movie, and it's a well done tension filled movie. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.





5 Point Break So, I'm breaking a rule I have for these lists because the director is Kathryn Bigelow again, and I already used her, but I just felt like this movie needed to be on here. It lightens the mood a bit, but still has that crime/bad stuff feel. You know you want to watch this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment