7.18.2015

Random Male Hite Report - #12



Hello, friends. It's time for more Random Hite Report! In 1976, Shere Hite dropped The Hite Report where she compiled detailed survey answers from over 3,000 women about sex, masturbation, orgasms, and relationships. It's insane to me how revolutionary this book still is. Read it, seriously. We really haven't changed that much in 40 years, and it's an incredibly insightful read.

Then in 1981, she dropped The Hite Report on Male Sexuality where over 7,000 men give detailed answers about sex, relationships, and women. It too is revolutionary, and the honesty, vulnerability, and detail in this book is so important and moving. I think everyone should read this too. So, I give you a taste every now and then to entice you to get these books. Seriously, they are both like 1 cent online.



Anyway, what I do is flip to one random page and copy the contents of that page, no more-no less, directly onto this blog. Enjoy.

 The Hite Report on Male Sexuality
Knopf, 1981 pg 450

This is from the chapter INTERCOURSE. Under the question "When should a man ejaculate? Should the woman be consulted?"

...to terminate. Someone could always go on longer."
    "Personally I think the best time to ejaculate is at the end of a long series of thrusts. I usually like to thrust my way through a series of peaks, always backing of at the 'point of no return.' Finally, when I've decided I want to orgasm, I thrust away to a building, burning peak and quickly wash over it to my release. There is no need to consult the woman, because the final pattern and urgency of the thrusting communicates the ides."
    "A man should ejaculate when he's ready. Consultation is not needed."
    "Things should happen without a great deal of studied manipulation."
    "A strange question this, but a man should ejaculate when he has an orgasm and both he and his partner should set their sexual paces towards his orgasm, or orgasm for both. The woman should be consulted in a way, but orgasm will happen after so much stimulation, not on command." 
    Many said ejaculation was involuntary, and therefore consultation impossible:   
    "A man ejaculates when he can't hold it back any longer. It's not the type of thing you have a consultation over."
    "Frankly, I don't have too much control. I do let them know when I'm about to come."
    "I don't decide. It's when I finish climaxing."
    "I think sex ends in the majority of cases precisely when the male is 'finished.' My wife, for instance, can go on and on, whether she has had her orgasm or not-a man cannot do this. This is the reason, I think, that the male decides when to end sex."
    "After I'm done, it's over. I can't help it." 
    Some men resented the idea of consultation: 
    "Consult the woman? How? I wouldn't want to ask for her permission."
    "A man should ejaculate when he's damn good and ready, that's when. But, damn good and ready depends on my partner, and if she ain't damn good and ready, then I ain't either. 'Consulted?' Sounds like we're calling in medical advise as to whether or not to operate. A man and a woman should get to know each other, then they would know, or could at least lay a pretty good guesss, as to when his or his partner was going to come; one night stands excepted. Sex should end like it started, naturally, and together."
    "When he can't stand it another minute or second longer. Since women don't get any real pleasure out of when I come or thrusting, why should they be consulted? It's my orgasm."
    "When it comes, it shouldn't be forced or held back. I don't consult the woman, and I certainly don't expect her to consult me as to when she can orgasm. When it comes, it comes."

No comments:

Post a Comment