12.29.2013

Random Hite Report #5



Hello there all! I know you want some more RANDOM HITE REPORT, ya'll! I've been heavy on the RANDOM MALE HITE REPORT's lately, and it's been a while since I gave you a randomly flipped to page out of the ol' Orgasm Equality Movement must-read, The Hite Report. If you want more info on this 1976 book that allowed women to tell the world about their own orgasms, feelings and sexual experiences - in their own words, then please head HERE



The following is from the chapter "The Future of Intercourse?" 

Pg. 534 The Hite Report Dell. 1976.


One woman explained in a long answer how disappointed she was in her husband's lack of interest in anything but intercourse. 
    "I have viewed married love as a growing together in the ability to express love and pleasure, but I haven't seen this growth in my marriage. My husband really doesn't seem to enjoy anything besides intercourse, and that very briefly, and I don't know what to do to change him. I've tried hard.
    "Masturbation is very important for me and I am really sorry I didn't know about it a lot sooner (I started doing it less than a year ago, at the age of 27.) I was interested in my sexuality, but my husband wasn't, so I decided to do something about it. Three years ago I came across the idea of masturbation for adult women in The Sensuous Woman. I cried and cried and cried because I had this romantic idea of having my husband care about and develop my sexuality - a feat for which I would be forever grateful and therefore endeared and close to him. (I had never had sex until marriage.) This was really important to me, so for the next two years I openly expressed my desire to have good sex and to develop my sensuality. Nothing much happened. So I finally said, well, if you don't care about my sexuality, I do! Then I asked him what he thought about masturbation. I found to my surprise that he did it! And that he thought that it would be great if I did it! It relieves him of that responsibility(?) of having to touch, caress, and learn about my genitals(?) Now I've learned to masturbate. And I do enjoy masturbating, but I feel sad that I can't develop my sexuality with my husband. For many women, sex is a union with another person and the cosmic universe. It is a leaving of the body and a disillusion of the self - so that isolation can end. Somehow I can't help but feel that my aloneness is intensified by the fact that my sexual partner hasn't shown the care of my sexuality. In that sense I really wish that I had learned about my own sexuality on my own a lot - being a teenager and learning about your body is different from being a married adult...

No comments:

Post a Comment