6.10.2013

I Love Parades.



I'm going to stray off topic here. Instead of pondering ladyasm depictions in our media or some other crap like I usually do, I'm going to talk about something much more important and close to me heart. Parades. I love a parade. I am a natural critic, so I will critique the hell out of, during and after, but I will always enjoy it, and I will cheer. Oh how I will cheer. I don't care if it's some dude on a tractor with a poster board duct taped to the side or if it's the most beautifully large, sparkly, fluffy cloud float I've ever seen. I will scream accolades at you, because by god, I appreciate you taking time out of your day to entertain me.

So, now that you know my true heart, I can tell you that it was Pride week here in Indy. It involves a fabulous parade - the best we have. (This is where I need to confess that I've never been to the most famous parade in Indianapolis, the 500 Festival Parade that coincides with the Indy 500 race. I don't know why I've never been. I think for years I thought you had to pay to see it. I don't know how that makes sense, but it was always in the back of my head somewhere. That's my only real excuse. I will see it someday, I promise.)

Anyway, I loved the parade, and there were groups that really put in the time to do it up. I have great appreciation for a good solid effort to entertain in a parade. So...I want to give credit where credit is due. These are some photos Charlie caught from the parade. There was other superb stuff, but I wanted to focus on the more homemade endeavors of awesomeness that I noticed - which includes but is not limited to the following. Enjoy.

It's just a black truck, but I like the way it's fully decked out

They got married - and then chased a little wedding cake around

I love sparkles like nobody's business so...yes on the dress and the disco ball

How can you make the ol' politician in a convertible schtick fun? Giant Gavel, of course!

Fabuloso.
A Unitarian church had a bunch of people in crazy detailed, all pink costumes. I think it was my favorite effort of the parade. There are a few examples below.

You should have seen under the skirt


Like I said, the more sparkles the better in my opinion

Feathers? yes.

so much can be done with beads and knitting
The head piece was made out of all these spools of pink thread and yarn. There was a lot going on in this one.

Even had a little pink vacuum. That's what I'm talking about, people - details.


And well, I just liked looking at this one. (Although I thought standing on a moving car with no helmet or anything to hold on to was excessively dangerous)


No comments:

Post a Comment