9.04.2012

Orgasm Equality on World Sexual Health Day!!!



Hello all! You may not know it, but today, September 4th, is World Sexual Health Day. Now, sexual health in the most classic sense is not something I really have discussed on this blog, but I actually think that this blog is all about sexual health. It's not about condoms or disease or all the things we normally think about when we say sexual health; all the things you learn about in sex ed at school (if you were even lucky enough to have had a sex ed as part of your education). This blog is about the part of sexual health that is too sexy to talk about in school and too raw to discuss or depict accurately in the media. This blog is about the female orgasm; in all its glory, secrecy, confusion, and unfortunate scarcity. And, it's about the women who have to navigate their sexual lives within a culture that misleads both men and women about the realities of female sexual release. This blog to me is about Orgasm Equality.

I believe a healthy sexuality must include a feeling of control and empowerment over one's own sexual release. Women as a whole are not there yet. Certainly not to the extent men are. My blog and my movie are a part of a long but largely hidden line of activism that works to change that. So, today on World Sexual Health Day, I just want to say aloud (or on a blog, I guess) that I am passionate about this issue, and I think everyday about how to push it further and to more people. Orgasm Equality, my friends!!!!!

1 comment: