6.06.2012

More on Google Searching "Female Orgasm"



In my last post, I critiqued the 2nd link that came up when I googled "female orgasm." It wasn't such a great article - let's just say that. However, I looked at the other links on that first google search page, and I found some pretty good ones too. Since I feel like we should all be reporting positives along with the negatives, I thought I'd pass along some of the better ones.

This one is the Female Orgasm page on the Brown University Health Education site. It has the basic info about what an orgasm physically is, and it also points out that women can orgasm through masturbation as easily as men. It is when partners are added that things get harder for women. Pro-masturbation, accurate physiological information about the orgasm, and no discussion of the G-spot (which might seem incomplete to some, but since there are no real clinical, research based connections between g-spot and orgasm, it makes sense. The G-spot is better discussed in an ejaculation section) ---- that's a good webpage in my book.
http://brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/sexual_health/sexuality/female_orgasm.php

Okay, I started writing this post after I found the Brown University site, and I wrote it as if I'd find some more good links, but, oh, I have not. On this first page of the google search, I found a couple things about why the female orgasm exists. They mostly were linked with the book The Case of the Female Orgasm: Bias in the Science of Evolution, which is actually a pretty good book. These weren't much in the way of informative though. I also found some weird ones - like one from Cosmo that had strangely specific instructions about how women could get an orgasm that lasted 15 minutes. That's right - 15 minutes...let's just pretend for now that this makes any kind of physiological sense. Oh, and of course this 15 minute orgasm is given to a woman by a male partner. I may have to write about that one.

There was also a pretty bad one on netdoctor.com that I should probably write a few words about in another post. Then there was the Wikipedia page for orgasm that is long and all over the place. I feel like I could write a book about what was going on with that page. So...I guess at least that Brown University one was good...

1 comment:

  1. Nice artice! I wish they would have better content on Google, the whole 15 minute thing is BS.
    For other great orgasm galleries / tips check out Female Orgasm Galleries

    ReplyDelete